Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Layton is 11 months!

Layton, I guess I better get this post done before I blink my eyes and you are ONE! Wow! Time is flying. You, my little angel, have really started showing your personality. You are still pretty laid back, but you can have a little temper temper when some thing doesn't go your way. You crack me up because if you are sitting up on the floor, you will just lay over face first and cry. Fit city! BUT for the most part, you are an absolute angel baby. That is what I call you-my angel baby.

You are more playful this month. You are more inquisitive. You are talking more and jabbering alot. I love to hear your sweet little voice. You can say bye bye, hi, eye (can point to eyes), Daddy, and I think you try to say Hannah and Lincoln. No Momma yet. :-( You can also wave. You LOVE to stand up.
This is you and Lincoln playing together.


You are just the cutest thing.

You finally learned to crawl this month!! Life is more busy because of this. You really explore. It took you no time to find your way down the hall and into every room in the house. You are not afraid.

You really seem to love to play with balls. You will sit in the floor and drop one out of your hand, watch it roll away, and then crawl after it all excited. You spend quite a bit of time doing this. I love to watch you playing. You do get a bit upset if the ball rolls under something and you can't reach it though.



You love to push your walker. You get really excited when you see it. I think you feel so big.

Pulling up came right after the crawling. You started crawling around May 1st and I saw you pull up and walk from the couch to the coffee table on May 5th. It didn't take you long at all to master this skill.

You wanted to go outside so bad but you had had the croup. You were having chest retractions all night long and the next morning. I probably should have taken you in the night before, but didn't know any better. When I did take you in, you got a breathing treatment and a steroid shot. You scared me with how you were breathing.

You were watching Hannah and Lincoln playing in this picture.





You have found all the fun things in the kitchen to get into--the fridge magnets and papers, my pots and pans, and other drawers.

Hannah is so so good with you. She picks you up and moves you places and helps you when you need help. She talks really sweet to you too. She loves it when you sit with her.

Bath time is more interesting now that you are mobile. You try to stand up in the tub and I tell you no no. You will shake your head. You know what I am saying but you try to make it a game and start to stand back up again. I have to tell you no no again. You also start shaking your head no when I tell you not to touch the electrical outlets.

For the longest time, you were just so content to lay flat in your bed. You didn't roll around or anything. That changed on May 19th. I put you down for your nap and a few minutes later, I heard you talking. I had a feeling you were up in your bed and sure enough you had figured it out. Now you roll around when you sleep and are all over the place.



Your Daddy is so cute with you. He loves to love on you. He is always happy to see you when he gets home.




You got your left top big tooth this month. You had a couple bad nights due to that I think.

You still love to push cars. You push them around and even seem to be making a sound like a car sound when you do it. I have no idea how you knew to do that.

You are using the straw sippy cup really well. We have just had water so far. You are still nursing 4 times a day. I am spacing them out a little more. I won't drop a feeding and give you real milk until you turn one.

You swat with your left hand when you don't want something that I am trying to give you to eat. You still eat really well. You eat what we eat. Favorites now are still some of the same things like string cheese, any kind of fruit, any kind of chicken just about, green beans, peas, diced carrots, corn, any kind of potato, and gold fish crackers.

Layton - 11 months



I can't believe it is time to plan your first birthday party!

No comments: