Wednesday, November 2, 2011

An Extra Special Date

Friday night Kris and I got to go on an extra special date.  Last year Hannah's school had a silent auction.  Kris purchased a night at the Peabody with dinner at Capriccio for me without me knowing it.  We have been waiting for the right time to go.  Since the gift certificates expire at the end of December, we decided we had better try to go.  Mimi and Pappaw were able to come up to watch the kids for us.  Thank you guys so much!!

We had reservations at Capriccio at 6:00 that night.  We got a little dressed up--just enough to make it extra special.  :-)

 We had a few minutes before our reservation, so we went ahead and went up to our room on the 16th floor of the Peabody.  This was the view.


So pretty overlooking the River.
Cappricio is a VERY nice restaurant.  We could spend up to $150 per our gift card.  First, we split a Caesar salad.  It was yummy.

 For my main course, I had a 6 oz petite sirloin with two huge prawns.  Probably the most tasty steak I have ever eaten.  DELICIOUS!  I had a huge baked potato too.  Kris had an 8 oz filet with some yummy mashed potatoes.

I had to have dessert.  You can't go somewhere like this and not.  So, I had a vanilla bean creme brulee.  It was good.  It was a wonderful dinner that would have cost us $125!
 After dinner we decided we would go to a late movie--The Help.  I had read the book and loved it, so I was excited to finally get to see it.  It didn't start until 10:15, so we had some time to kill.  We went and did some shopping for some extra special things that we would be needing the next day.  This date was not only extra special because we got to spend some one-on-one time together (much needed) at a nice hotel, but we had big plans for the kiddos when we got home.  More on the big extra special surprise coming soon!


No comments: