Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Perfect Fall Weather

When we first got Dash, he stayed in my pantry over night.  This is the way it looked.  In the mornings, it looked different due to his relieving himself during the middle of the night.  Yuck.  After a few days of cleaning this up, being knocked over by the smell every time I'd go in there,  and realizing that my floor really needed a good mopping, I decided to put him outside.  He has a house.  I thought he should start using it. :-)
Since Dash is outside all the time now, we have to make sure we go outside and play with him.  The weather has been PERFECT for this lately!  Yay!  We have really been loving our back yard.  Layton has learned to climb up the swing set to get to the slide.  I have to watch him like a hawk though.  He climbs up and slides down over and over again, loving every minute.
The slide is super slick, so sometimes Big Brother helps.
Our swings have really been getting a lot of use lately too.  My kids love to swing.  Lincoln wants me to push him constantly.  It is hard to please him and watch Layton at the same time.  I will be so glad when he learns how to swing himself.  He is working on it.
I can tell Dash loves for us to be outside with him.  He gets very excited.  He is very much a puppy and wants to chew on and bite everything.  Since Layton is so little, he is constantly jumping up on him, sometimes knocking him down.  Then, he wants to nip at him when he gets him down on the ground.  I know he is playing, but Layton doesn't like it.  He doesn't cry though.  He growls at Dash and flaps his hands.  I am trying to teach him to say "Down." 

 Hannah has really taken to Dash the most so far.  She is really good with him and gets more comfortable with him every day.  She talks to him so sweet.  Sunday night after we got home from church, she got the idea that she wanted to go read him a bedtime story.  How cute is that?  She went out there.  Later, I asked her how it went and she said Dash wouldn't let her read to him.  He wanted to play I guess.  Too funny!
 Layton just LOVES to be outside.  He gets quite upset when it is time to go in, but he is all smiles while he is out there.
 This is the face he makes when Dash is jumping up on him. 
 We finally swept up all the pine needles this past weekend and Kris mowed.  The yard looks so much better!  Layton wanted to mow like his Daddy.
I am thankful for the beautiful fall weather we have been having lately.  The colors of the leaves are finally changing and it just makes me take notice and be more thankful for all the things God has made.

No comments: