Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fun with Grandma and Grandad

I am trying so hard to get caught up again on this blog.  So much has gone on lately and I have taken so many pictures, it is hard to keep on top of this thing.  Plus, I have been having the hardest time getting my pictures to upload.  I have been having to do them one at a time.  This has made it take FOREVER to finish a blog.  I think I have figured out that I had my resolution too high on my camera so my pictures were too big.  I have changed it, so hopefully I will see a difference once I get through all the ones that are too big.

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago (that's how far behind I am), Grandma and Grandad made the trip down to visit us!  This is always a special time.  We enjoy them so much.  They got here on a Friday evening.  Saturday we went to a display in Little Rock called the Messiah's Mansion.  It is a life-size display of the Mosiac Sanctuary that God gave Moses instructions to build in the wilderness.  We took a guided tour through it and it was really interesting to see "the plan of salvation brought to life with the visual aid of the sanctuary furniture."  Grandma especially likes this kind of thing, so I am so glad we got to do it.  I learned a lot and the young 18 year old girl giving the tour was an amazing speaker!

After the Messiah's Mansion, we drove to Pinnacle Mountain.  We had heard about a little festival they were having there called the Mountain Rendezvous.  You experience a primitive camp and learn some of the survival skills used by Arkansas pioneers.  There were lots of Indians there and they did quite a few dances.  This was pretty interesting to watch.  At one point, they had any veterans that were in the crowd get out there and follow them around as they danced to honor them.  We convinced Grandad to get out there since he is a Navy veteran.


After watching them for a while, the kids wanted to play on the playground for a few minutes.  They have actually updated this playground.  It was better than it has been in the past.  We need to go back there again with our friends!

That night we went to Larry's Pizza for supper!  We have been there before with Grandma and Grandad. It is a fun and very yummy place to go!  We love Larry's!

After church on Sunday, we came home for lunch and ate roast.  
Then, we kind of surprised Grandma and celebrated her birthday which was the following week.  I made her a turkey burlap door hanger.  She was surprised!
Happy birthday Grandma!
Grandma had brought the kids some little pumpkins, so that afternoon they painted them.  They enjoyed this alot.


Thanks Grandma and Grandad for making the long trip down to see us!  We had so much fun!

 

No comments: