Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas with my family

The weekend before Christmas was Kris' graduation. Since my family was here, we decided to celebrate our Christmas here. The kids were so excited! Saturday night Mom and I cooked a big Christmas dinner--mashed potatoes, green beans, dressing, cranberry sauce, fruit salad, and rolls. Kris fried a turkey and Mom made a cheesecake for dessert. After dinner we opened presents! Here are the kids anticipating the excitement!

Lincoln was showing Uncle Jeff his boots (like he's never seen them before. The boy wears them ALL THE TIME!).


Lincoln--so many. Which one first?

Pappaw & Mimi got the kids Cars and Tinkerbell blow-up beds. They enjoyed sleeping on them this past weekend at the Keims. They are great for traveling. They are like sleeping bags on a blow-up mattress.

Uncle Wes got Hannah some books for the Leap Frog Tag Reading System that Santa later brought her.

Lincoln got a "big Buzz and a liddle Buzz" from Uncle Wes. He had to sleep with the little Buzz that night. He woke up at 5:30 the next morning and came in our room. I woke up and he whispered ever so sweetly, "My liddle Buzz lost!" He evidently couldn't find his little Buzz. I could not help but smile. It was the cutest thing the way he said it. I got up and went into his room. He had already turned the light on and was really looking for liddle Buzz. He was hiding at the end of his bed under the covers. I gave him to Lincoln, who smiled really big, and went back to bed for at least another hour. :)

Hannah got lots of crafty stuff this year. This bead/necklace set was from Uncle Jeff.

Walkie-talkies from Uncle Wes!

Mimi was so thrilled to get a picture of Uncle Wes! She'd been wanting one for some time!

One of the things we got my Dad was a Farmall Tractor model. He has started collecting them.

Mimi and Pappaw got the kids these thistle blocks. We had some of these as kids. They were a hit!


My parents got me money and this bean pot that I am really looking forward to using!

Another big hit with the kids was the Bounce Back Racer from Uncle Jeff.

They both like this toy!


Wes got Kris and I tickets to go to Dallas in March to see The Phantom of the Opera! We will make a weekend trip of it! I am very excited about this!!!

It was great to be with family and watch everyone's excitement as they opened presents.

No comments: