Thursday, December 31, 2015

Pregnancy Pics: Weeks 11-15

Since this is the final, final, final, FINAL pregnancy, I have to document it. 








How I've been feeling:  Early on nauseus when I first would wake up in the morning and when I didn't keep food in me.  No desire to throw up.  My appetite has been huge.  I have been craving sugar like crazy, and I want a coke SO bad.  I haven't had one since February and I am determined to keep it that way though!  Chili cheese fries from Sonic are a craving as well.  My coworkers laughed hard at me for that one.  I could eat Chick-fil-a every day.  Pickles, fish tacos, and sweet potato fries also sound yummy to me.  Exhaustion has been my biggest complaint.  I have been unbelievably tired.  Most days I could hardly wait to be able to lay down on the couch and rest.  When my head would hit the couch pillow, I was out!  When I would wake up, I would still feel tired.  I have been trying to get in the bed at a decent time.  Even at 11 weeks I felt like I was showing.  Hannah would tell me that I was.  I was kind of paranoid about it because at that point no one else knew.

At my first appointment on October 22 at 9.5 weeks, the doctor suggested we do the Progenity Test.  It is a non-invasive prenatal test that can determine with a high degree of accuracy whether the baby may have certain genetic disorders, such as Down syndrone.  It was just a blood draw.  She wanted me to have this due to my age.  So, around 10 weeks I had this test done and we waited a couple of weeks for the results.  The interesting thing about this test is it provides an accurate DNA based gender test.  So, we were able to find out the sex of the baby alot earlier than normal and for certain.

2nd Dr. appt was on November 19th at about 13.5 weeks.  I had gained almost 3 lbs.  We found out that I would have a Level 2 ultrasound at UAMS around week 20.  I was anxious for this.  At our first appointment the ultrasound showed what looked to be possibly another sac.  When the dr. said something I was shocked.  I had been telling Kris prior to that first appointment that I felt like I was having twins.  It was a strong feeling too.  She said that the other area that she was seeing could either be blood or it could have been a twin that didn't develop.  What?  That was a weird feeling.  There was no baby there so we were not having twins, but it could have been?!  So, I was anxious for the big ultrasound to hopefully find out more.

An interesting thing that happened was on the morning of that 2nd appointment, I was reading my bible and read this verse in Psalms 127:3:

"Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him."

I texted it to Kris.  I wondered if God was giving me a clue???





No comments: